Thursday, September 1, 2011

Mac Collection Haul and Reviews: MAC Bloggers Obsession

Hey Make-up Addicts,

The plus size cutie on duty is back.... I so sorry I have neglected you so. Work and life has been keeping me busy and I have not been able to devote as much time as I would like to this cause. I will do better in the future. I promise....

So without any more delay, I will jump right into the mix. MAC has released two collections that I have been super excited about: MAC Bloggers Obsession and MAC Me Over. O.M.G. Some very beautiful and unique items came from these collection. 

First up is the MAC Bloggers Obsession. I went bonkers over this collection and raved about it here. The first time it debuted I was out of the country (in Canada for a wedding) and missed out on all the items I was in love with. So I ended up buying All My Purple Like and Sonoran Rain on ebay, for not much more than retail so I was happy.





This two amazing lipglass look great alone or with lipstick and liner. All My Purple Life is a semi-opaque, dark purple lig glass with silver and white simmerI love to wear All My Purple Life with my Jaguar Cosmetics lipliner is 108 (plum) and either MAC's Violetta or NYX's Orchid.




For Sonoran Rain (opaque, orange-red w/ fuchsia, ruby red, and gold shimmer), I have alot of good pairing options. If you didn't know, I. LOVE. RED. LIPSTICK!!!! and I have 5 or more to prove it. But getting back on topic, this lipglass will look good on top of any of them. My favs are MAC Ruby Woo, Russian Red, Runaway Red (new, and will discuss later post) or Heartless. Nyx Jaipur is also a great option.



As you can see, I fell in love and fell hard. I was still sad I did not get my Jealousy Wakes but I was waiting for it. Luckly for me, a few weeks later MAC decided to re-release the collection again and I was able to get all the shadows I missed out on and another lipglass. I got Jealousy Wakes, "Sparkle, Neely, Sparkle!", Parisian Skies, and Nitro:Licious 2046. 

Again, you know me and the red lipstick, I could turn down that wonderful vinyl red lipglass to go with my red lippie collection. I needed it. This one also pairs well with all reds I previously mentioned.


Jealousy Wakes, "Sparkle, Neely, Sparkle!", and  Parisian Skies eyeshadows are to die for and the finishes are amazing. They are very easy to blend and great color payoff. This picture is with no base and the colors still pop. I love to pair Jealousy Wakes on my lids and  "Sparkle, Neely, Sparkle!" in my crease. It make for a beautiful eye. 


The only regrets I have with this Bloggers Obsession collection is not getting the remaining pieces Hocus Pocus e/s and Caqui lipglass. They haunt me and I keep saying I will buy them, as they are still available on the MAC website. I haven't loved a collection like this since the Disney Venomous Villians and Wonder Woman came out. But who am I to lie. I am a make-up addict and will find something in all these collections to tickle my fancy!!!!

Next Post up is Review of the MAC Me Over Collection.....

Until then stay beat, 

Patrice








No comments:

Post a Comment